A real estate fund is a type of mutual fund that primarily focuses on investing in securities offered by public real estate companies. The majority of real estate funds are invested in commercial, and corporate properties, although they also may include investments in raw land, apartments complexes and agricultural space. This type of fund can invest in properties directly or indirectly through REITs.
Asset Management :
Following loan closing, our asset management team services each loan and provides
reporting through payoff.
Proprietary Loan Servicing System
Dedicated Blackshield professionals manage servicing and asset management with a proprietary loan servicing system developed over three years
• Fully customized for all loan parameters
• Provides real-time surveillance of portfolio, including interest payments, escrows and terms
• In-house system results in cost savings and reliability
Blackshield actively monitors portfolio to ensure loan performance including:
• Accurate and timely interest payments
• Reserve account application
• Achievement of loan performance hurdles
• Escrow payments
In the case of default, Blackshield closely oversees the foreclosure process to preserve capital and maximize returns as efficiently as possible with :
• Experienced loan workout team
• Best-in-class team of attorneys
• Clear liquidation strategy
We seek to generate attractive risk-adjusted returns for our investors across cycles and over the long term.